What is NeMoSanctI?
NeMoSanctI is a research project carried out at the University of Turin. It studies how models of sanctity have changed after the Second Vatican Council. To this end, it applies a pioneering methodology based on semiotic theory to a wide corpus of normative, judicial, and narrative texts.
This project has received funding from the European Research Council (ERC) under the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme (grant agreement No 757314).
- NeMoSanctI’s series of meetings at Mufant: Altri Mondi, Altri Dei
- Doctoral lesson – Jenny Ponzo on “Semiotics of Literature: the Intertextual Autobiography”.
- At the 51st Congress of the Italian Association of Semiotic Studies (AISS): “How to live together”.
- Lesson – Jenny Ponzo on “”Gender violence in the stories of the Holy Catholic: a semiotic perspective”
- Article – Jenny Ponzo, Obliteration, Ostension, Ostentation: The Visibility of the Sacred Body in Catholic Culture (Signata 14, 2023)